March - April 2008
HENNIE & RINA VENTER, SOUTH AFRICA
Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for us this last two months. We remember, as it was yesterday, the blessed fellowship we enjoyed during Easter at our home church Ngwenani Baptist Church in Venda . The theme of the Conference was “The Cross of Jesus”, and Hennie preached two of the services. Everyone present, experienced anew the greatness of God's grace through our Savior's sacrifice on the cross and resurrection. Jesus is alive and He made us alive to the praise of His glory.
THE FOLLOWING MINISTRIES WERE DONE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!
- Malale , Venda ( Limpopo Province , South Africa )
OUTREACH & CHURCH BUILDING PROJECT
- “The people of Malale will never be the same….” We witnessed how hundreds of people committed their lives to Christ and denied their ancestral way of worship and to worship the true and living God. The Gospel of Jesus Christ was preached for three weeks every night in the tent, and during the days over 200 houses were visited, the Gospel of Jesus Christ was presented at the local school in the village. Over 600 children attended the children service that was held during the week, and 75 ladies came for discipleship training in the tent every afternoon. During the church dedication service, the chief Malale expressed his thankfulness to God and the team and received the Word of God as a gift from the team with tears in his eyes. See attached collage pictures of the gospel crusade and church building project done.
- The short term mission team from FBC, Festus , MO , assisted us with the outreach and church building project in Malale village, Venda during April. Jim & Judy Kotmeier, leaders of the team, did a great job in preparing the team to be witnesses unto His Name in a foreign country. God used the team greatly through ministry to the people of Malale. We received a friendship card from one of the team members, but want to thank Jim, Judy and the team with the following writing in it:
“One leaf, many ripples…” “The difference you've made is even greater than you can see. Thank you so much.”
- Malale is a remote village located 350km North East of Polokwane, about 5km from the border with Zimbabwe . This is a neglected area in Northern South Africa and the goals and vision of the Church is to continue to plant more churches in the area.
M0RE Malale Photo's
- COROMANDEL, Lydenburg ( Mpumalanga Province , South Africa )
- God is faithful and we believe it is through much prayer that the building of this church will be accomplished. Hennie and Sonney went on Monday to erect the steel frame and to start with the building of the foundations. The steel frame has been erected successfully and we will continue with the construction of the church building in July when the short-term mission team from Lake Jackson , Texas arrives.
- Pray also for the special children's outreach that will take place during that week.
- KGOBAPARK, Polokwane ( Limpopo Province , South Africa )
- The foundations and cement slab for the floor were done. The short-term mission team from First Baptist Church Milan, Tn and West Jackson BC , Jackson , Tn will arrive on May 30 th , 2008 to assist with the construction of the church building project and to do evangelism and discipleship in the village.
- Hennie purchased the electric pump for the well in Fairley, the mother church. Hopely we will be able to fit the pump in the following weeks.
Praise God for His provision in the needed funds to buy the Gospel tent for conducting evangelistic crusades. The tent will be pitched for the first time in Kgobapark for the Gospel crusade.
Thanks so much for each one who contributed to the purchase of the tent. The tent will be pitched for the fist time during the outreach in Kgobapark in two weeks time. We continue to pray and trust God also to provide funds for the
- lighting and sound equipment
- GAPHAGO, Polokwane ( Limpopo Province , South Africa )
- Foundations and cement floor were finished of the church building in Gaphago.
- Br Charles Collins, Calvary BC , will lead the short-term team that will be coming during June 2008 to help with the building of the church. A lot of work went into the project so far to get it ready before the team will be arriving on 20 June.
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR OUR MINISTRY :
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.
- Pray that God give us His wisdom and physical strength
- Pray for Hennie & Rina's personal financial support and resources needed to accomplish the mission God has called them to do.
- Pray for the short-term mission teams that will be coming to minister with us to the people in need.
- Pray for the outreaches that will take place during the next months.
Namibia visit and meeting with pastors to arrange Evangelist crusade and Discipleship training for 2009 (19-26 May 2008)
Kgobapark church building project and tent crusade (1-8 June 2008)
Gaphago church building project and tent crusade (20-29 June 2008)
Coromandel church building project and children's outreach (21-27 July 2008)
Siberia , Russia outreach (11-28 August 2008)
Lumbumbashi, DRC Leadership & discipleship training (1-5 September 2008)
Lusaka , Zambia Evangelistic crusade and discipleship training (17-30 September)
Missions Conference in Venda , South Africa (3-5 October 2008)
Massinga , Mozambique Outreach and Discipleship training (9-24 October 2008)
- Pray that more churches will get involved with us in reaching the least reach peoples with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the Lord will send more laborers into His harvest fields. Pray that Christian short-term teams and volunteers would take advantage of the many opportunities to share Christ with us during 2009.
- Pray for the training of leaders in Botswana , Mozambique , Angola , DRC, Zambia , and Sudan .
- Pray for open doors to preach the Gospel into Northern Mozambique , Angola , Sudan and North Africa .
- Pray for the handful Christians amongst least reached peoples. Pray that they would increase to countless numbers and that in turn, thousands of churches would be planted among them.